News about alumni
What is happening to our alumni
- Dr. Lei Zhang, former Ph.D and currently deputy director of Department of Scientific and Engineering Computing at Peking University and faculty at BICMR, made news at NSFC about research on cell developemt.
- Dr.Tadele Mengesha, former postdoc and currently faculty at UTK, talks about his life and scientific writing to students.
- Dr.Xiaochuan Tian, former Ph.D and currently H. Bing Instructor at UT Austin, was featured in SEAS milestone news on her 2017 AWM best dissertation award.
- Dr. Maria Emelianenko, former Ph.D, has been promoted to professor of mathematics. Maria has been leading a number of programs in recent years and was also an Inaugural COS Dean's Fellow this year in her home institution.
- Dr. Zhi Zhou, former postdoc in our group, has taken up an assistant professor position at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University. We thank Zhi for his contributions to the group activities and we look forward to future collaborations with him.
- Dr.Yanping Ma, former Ph.D student and a faculty at Loyola Marymount University, has been promoted to associate professor with tenure.
- Dr.Lei Zhang, former Ph.D student and a faculty at Peking University, is a winner of the 2016 Excellent Youth Award from the National Natural Science Foundation of China. Dr.Zhang joined Peking University, his undergraduate Alma Mater, through China's 1000 Young Talent recruitment program.
- Dr.Maria Emelianenko, former Ph.D student and NSF Career Award recipient, is a winner of the 2015 Penn StatemGraduate School Alumni Society Early Career Award.
- Dr.Yanxiang Zhao, former Ph.D student, is a 2015 Awardee of the Simons Foundation Collaboration Grant
Posted:Jul 15 2015